domingo, 1 de junho de 2014

[review] Siege and Storm


Title: Siege and Storm
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Series: The Grisha Trilogy, #2
Henry Holt & Co
435 pages

Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.



Okay, so when I started this I thought - it can’t possibly be better than the first one. Let’s all be very honest - it just can’t. So I’ll just tell you upfront that it isn’t better - but man, it’s AS GOOD AS. Leigh Bardugo doesn’t disappoint.
So up front, the only thing I actually have to complain about is that it started way too fast - chapter 2 and you are slammed into the story, back once again in Ravka. The worldbuilding is still wonderful of course, but what I loved about this one was the characters. I loved Alina and Mal and the Darkling since book one, and they’re all pretty amazing - and now we get introduced to Sturmhond (and may I say, I got a new boy-crush). The characters are threaded so well into the plot, and every little twist is amazing. The Darkling is still creepy as hell, and you get chills through out the whole book. Some developments are also interesting and I can’t wait for book 3 to see how everything will fall out.
All in all, it’s an awesome book, full of interesting characters and questions and so many other things - it’s an absolutely amazing read.

Rate: 5/5 stars
Quote: 
“Why won’t you leave me alone?” I whispered one night as he hovered behind me while I tried to work at my desk.

Long minutes passed. I didn’t think he would answer. I even had time to hope he might have gone, until I felt his hand on my shoulder.

“Then I’d be alone, too," he said, and he stayed the whole night through, till the lamps burned down to nothing.”


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário